Hi, I’m Jakub.
I’m a developer/entrepreneur. 15 years of experience in building websites & web apps. E-marketing is my passion too.
VacationRentalsWebsite – in progrress
FeedYourWeb – my new personal website (WordPress)
Emporium Hibiscus Massage Tenerife – Website development and customization (WordPress)
GhePelling – Website design customization, consulting, copy-writing, mail-marketing (WordPress)
InternetSuccess – custom integration of different payment solutions via API (Boipa, Realex, Merchant Warrior, Ecomm365) for its clients websites in Ireland
Turitop Booking System – consulting, developing frontend, backend (CodeIgniter) payment integrations, invoices, data mining, server admin and project manager
Helidream Helicopters – SEO and copy-writing, design and bug fixes, (CustomCMS built on PHP/MYSQL/LINUX)
AcroBranch – integration of a payment solution via API (PayGate) for client website from South Africa
What I can do for you
Clients often approach me when they need help with:
- Build a fresh and responsive website with WordPress
- Customize any WordPress theme, change design or add a new funcionality front/back
- Search engine optimization for a website
- Write content for a website, write guest blog-posts, generate content for social networks
- Adapt an existing website to be responsive, add extra languages, resolve any problem or bug
- Build from scratch a totally custom website/application with PHP and CodeIgniter/Laravel
- Open an online shop – an e-commerce website with Prestashop or WooCommerce
- Develop mobile app with React (for Android, Iphone, WindowsMobile)
- Integrate their website with third party software via APIs or integrate Payment solutions (Stripe, Paypal, Redsys, anything)
- Help with Linux technical stuff like hosting settings, apache, nginx, mysql/mariadb/postgre, firewall, mail servers and more
- Assist with project planning, technical documentation, personal training
- Complement an in-house web team
My tech toolbox
- I use modern tools like Git, Composer, Sass, JQuery and npm to improve my workflow.
- PHP and CodeIgniter are my tools of choice for custom backend.
- I host with OVH and provision Linux cloud servers for many of my clients.
- I’m expanding my knowledge of React right now and I’m always learning new cool stuff!
Building for the web since 2003
I’ve been working professionally as a web developer since 2003 and have build many web apps, portals and sites for lots of clients.
In recent years also I’ve learned a lot and added demanded services like E-marketing, SEO and content generation for websites and social networks.
As a freelance consultant and developer I’m often responsible from planning to deployment (full stack) and have built websites and web apps for clients like a newspaper, classified ads portal, booking system engine, architect portfolio, tours company, vacation rental, online shop, artist portfolio or buddhist center. I’ve had the opportunity to work with established clients such as Fon, Vibbo, Destinia, JetMultimedia, Accenture as well as a variety of startups and small businesses from United States, Europe and South Africa.
In 2012 I co-founded, bootstrapped and built from scratch a successful product – a Canary Islands based software company – TuriTop Booking System. After 5 years of continuous struggle its now an established company with +500 international fixed clients and growing fast. While working half time remotely, half time with my partners as unique developer I was responsible for full stack consulting, technical planning, and full frontend and backend development of the cloud application in CodeIgniter, PHP, MYSQL on Linux.
Recently I’ve returned to freelancing and I am looking forward to going full-time again when some remote project comes along.
I have a BA in Software Development and studied Informatics in Universidad Politécnica (Madrid)
I’ve been living and working remotely from Spain since 1996 and I’m fluent in Spanish, English and Polish.
In my free time you’ll find me spending the day with my family, surfing waves with my friends or free camping in the mountains. I love the outdoors and nature almost as much as I enjoy the art of coding ^_^
Interested in working together?